Terms & Conditions
Do you have a unique perspective? Gateway is looking for 6 new ambassadors to help share their stories and experiences they have to offer.
We are looking for you!
Gateway Theatre of Shopping is searching for KZN’s hottest talent! We’re looking for 3 girls and 3 guys who are social, have great personal style, are outgoing and confident in front of the camera and who love to have fun at Gateway. The 2019 winners will walk away with over R520,000 in prizes between themselves, as well as a platform for nationwide exposure!
So…you would like to enter but you’re not sure where to start? Not to worry, we have put together a few steps that will get you well on your way. If you have additional questions feel free to email us on email: Rachel.Sherwen@cwexcellerate.com
What are we looking for? We are looking for fresh faces and fun personalities who’d love to interact with our shoppers, our tenants and our marketing team. It’s important to have a good nature, congenial character and a respectful way of interacting with others. If this sounds like you, then we’d love for you to enter!
What can you win? The new Gateway Ambassadors will walk away with their share of over R520 000 in prizes as well as the opportunity to profile themselves at VIP events and in the media – you may even find yourself on the red carpet. For a more detailed listing of the prizes, please read the T’s & C’s.
How can you enter? The process is simple…log onto our website www.gatewayfollowme.co.za, register your details and complete the form. Get our attention by posting captivating Gateway-related content, using the hashtag #GatewayFollowMe. It’s important that entrants have an active and public Instagram profile.
Show the world your perspective. Show the world Gateway.
What happens next?
- Entries open on Thurs, 11 April and close at 3pm on Tues, 14 May 2019. Your content using the hashtag #GatewayFollowMe will be evaluated by a panel of judges. If you don’t hear from us by Thurs, 16 May 2019, please consider your entry unsuccessful.
- Our panel of judges will choose the top ten girls and top ten guys from all registrations received. Should you be selected as a Top 20 Finalist you will be contacted for the next round, which will involve a content challenge, interview and public voting.
- The brief for this content challenge will be emailed to you by 12 noon, Thurs, 16 May 2019.
- The public will be able to vote for their favourite Top 20 Finalists during the content round from Thurs, 16 May 2019 – Wed 29 May 2019, 3pm. Finalists will need to encourage their following to vote for them by visiting the Follow Me campaign website where each Finalists Instagram feed will feature. The female entrant and male entrant with the most likes on their profile will automatically secure their place in the final 6.
- All Top 20 Finalists will be required to attend an interview with a judging panel on Tues, 21 May 2019. Details for the interview will be communicated in advance to the Top 20. If you are unable to attend this interview please understand that you will forfeit your entry.
- During the interviews, our judges will select their favourite two girls and two guys. These four judges’ choices, together with the two winners from public voting will be announced as winners of the competition.
- These six winners will need to be available for an number of commitments which will be communicated at a team orientation.
Some important things to remember:
- Entries open on Thurs, 11 April 2019 and close at 3pm on Tues, 14 May 2019.
- No early submissions will be accepted. The same goes for late submissions after Tues, 14 May 2019.
- Entrants need to be between the ages of 18 and 32 – should you reach the Top 20 round, you will be asked to produce a valid copy of your ID Document.
- You must be a resident of the greater Durban area and should be a South African Citizen – or have permanent residency status in South Africa.
- As one of the winners of the competition, you will be required to fulfill certain duties and responsibilities over a 10-month period from June 2019 – March 2020. Please ensure you are available and willing to do so.
- It is important to read the terms and conditions of entry – you will find them below…
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- The competition is conducted by Gateway Theatre of Shopping’s appointed Marketing Services Company on behalf of Old Mutual (K2012150042 South Africa Pty Ltd) (“the Promoter”).
- Entries open on Thurs, 11 April 2019 and close at 3pm on Tues, 14 May 2019.
- Entrants need to be between the ages of 18 and 32 and will need to present their valid ID documents should they reach the Top 20.
- No director, member, partner, employee, agent, consultant, promoter, supplier or anybody directly or indirectly involved in this competition and any spouse, life partner, immediate family member, business partner or associate of such person is allowed to participate.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Top 20 will be notified via e-mail or telephone no later than 12 noon on Thurs, 16 May 2019.
- You must use your personal social media accounts to enter (if applicable) and must not object to being tagged in competition posts.
- The images from the Follow Me photoshoot will be used for Gateway advertising purposes on multiple platforms. Should you participate in the shoot, you further acknowledge that the Promoter will own all rights to any images and video content recorded. No additional compensation (other than specified prizes) will be awarded. The publication of said photos or video content confers no rights of ownership or royalties whatsoever by the winners of the Follow Me competition.
- The winners of the Follow Me Competition will walk away with their share of the following prizes listed below. Prizes will be grouped together and handed over to winners on a monthly basis.
- The Marketing team to allocate a monthly team briefing session to;
- Update winners on malls events and campaigns.
- Collection of prizes.
- Collection of social media content calendar.
Gateway offers each winner a once off R5000 mall gift card. Thereafter each winner to receive a R1000 mall gift card each month for a period of 10 months. Total value per winner R15,000.
Calisto’s offers each winner a R250 voucher per month for a period of 10 months.
Jimmys Killer Prawn offers each winner a R1000 Hamper + each winner gets a R250 voucher per month for a period of 10 months.
Daniel Wellington offer each of the winners;
1 x Watch & Bracelet (or cuff) per winner. The winners have a choice of merchandise.
1 x Accessory for each winner (to be received after 15 May).
1 New Product for each winner (to be received after 25 Sept).
Virgin Active offers each winner a 1-year Virgin Active Membership + Virgin Active Kit bag.
Urban Decay offers the winners;
A Master the Trade Service which consists of the brands premier 90-minute service which includes demo on cut-crease, contour and highlight.
Each winner also receives a hamper.
C-Squared offers each winner Clothing items to the value R5000.
Chateau Gateaux offers each winner products to the value of R5000. These will be executed by way of actual products and vouchers which will be handed to winners on a monthly basis.
Gerald Wells offers each of the winners a once off colour, cut and set as well as 3 x wash, cut, set per winner within their contract period.
MAC to offer MUA support over the contract period.
Kryolan to provide MUA support over the contract period.
Vodacom offers select devices, data, rugby suite tickets, branded items and high value invites over a 10-month period.
Freddy Jeans offers each winner walks away with R5000 worth of merchandise from Freddy Gateway.
Kathrin Kidger to dress our female ambassadors for a number of Gateway events.
Lindt offers each of the winners an assorted hamper.
MUD Studio (Make-Up Designory) offers the following;
Each winner will receive R2000 worth of product and services offered in store.
This includes hair styling, make up application, lash extensions, lash curls (guys), make up products and threading. etc.
On Fire Comedy offers 2 tickets ‘per winner’ to give-away on their social platforms to each of their Gateway shows – for Durban Comedy week only.
Gloria Jeans offers each winner 5 x R200 vouchers to be enjoyed at Gloria Jeans Coffees Gateway.
Krispy Kreme will offer the winners vouchers at various period over the contract year.
(NB Individual sponsors tees and cees will be shared with winners upon collection of prizes) and will be handed over the 10- month contract.
- The prize(s) are (is) not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash unless the Promoter cannot provide the prize(s) for whatever reason, in which case the prize(s) offered, at the discretion of the Promoter, will be of equal monetary value to the initial prize(s). The winner(s) agree to accept the prize(s) as is, at their own risk.
- In the event of the Promoter not being able to contact the entrant(s) the Promoter reserves the right to choose another entrant(s).
- No store owners or store managers at Gateway Theatre of Shopping may enter the competition.
- This competition is only open to legal residents of The Republic of South Africa.
- By entering the competition, you agree to receive communication from Gateway Theatre of Shopping with regard to the competition.
- By submitting your entry, you grant the Promoter permission to use your entry content to promote you and/or the Top 20 entrants on other relevant platforms. You agree that your video may be edited, modified, added to or deleted, edited with any other material and that any other changes to the video may be made at the sole discretion of the Promoter. You agree further that the promoter may use your name, image and any photograph/video in connection with your entry and/or the 2019 Follow Me competition.
- You warrant that in submitting your entry, no third-party rights including intellectual property rights were infringed and/or violated.
- By entering this competition, you agree that you have no conflicting legal obligations and should you win, are available to complete your assigned responsibilities and obligations between June 2019 – March 2020.
- Participants and winner(s) absolve the Promoter, its affiliates, its advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers, nominated agents and dealers from liability from any and all claims howsoever arising, including from willful misconduct or negligent acts or omissions on the part of any such person.
- If you are selected as one of the winners of the competition, you will be required to enter into a formal written agreement with the Promoter. You acknowledge and agree that you will be disqualified from the competition and will not be entitled to any prizes or remuneration if you refuse to enter into the said agreement subsequent to your announcement as one of the winners of the competition.
- You understand that the Promoter may disqualify you, without compensation, as an entrant, contestant or the winner of the competition, should you, at any stage, supply untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and information, break the rules or be found to be unfit during or prior to the signing of the competition
- The Promoter reserves the right to alter or cancel the competition at its discretion, without recourse.
- By participating in this competition, all participants agree to be bound by these official rules. The Promoter’s decision regarding any matter arising out of the competition shall be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
- E & OE
For further information or queries on the Terms and Conditions and prizes available contact the Marketing Department of Gateway Theatre of Shopping on (031) 514 0500 or Rachel.Sherwen@cwexcellerate.com.